Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Anticipated Releases of 2009

Sorry I haven't posted in a little while but hopefully I can get back on a regular schedule. As I was thinking about next year and the albums or EP's that will be released, I quickly realized that next year will be a great year for music. Here is a list of my most anticipated releases of 2009 with their scheduled release dates:

1. Strung Out- Prototypes and Painkillers "B-Sides"(Feb. 17, 2009)
2. The Loved Ones- Distractions "EP"(Feb. 3, 2009)
3. MxPx- Untitled (summer 2009)
4. The Bouncing Souls- Untitled (sometime in 2009)
5. The Ataris- Untitled (sometime in 2009)
6. MxPx- On The Cover 2 (early 2009)
7. Tumbledown- Untitled (sometime in 2009)
8. New Found Glory- Untitled (sometime in 2009)

That's all the releases that I could come up with at the moment. Many punk purists may snicker that I included the upcoming NFG album but I'm very interested to see what kind of material they release now that they are signed to Epitaph. MxPx will be releasing two albums, a cover album and a full release, and my only worry is that the band may be focusing on quantity rather than quality this time around. We shall see but MxPx is pretty consistent with putting out quality material. The new Ataris album was promised by Kris Roe to resemble their older material rather than the dark sound of "Welcome The Night". The new Strung out, Bouncing Souls, and The Loved Ones albums are sure to be upcoming favorites for the new year.

No comments: