Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Found Glory: Not Without A Fight


There is a certain amount of nostalgia associated with New Found Glory considering I grew up listening to these guys. Even after all these years I still consider myself a fan of the band and I have been looking forward to the release of Not Without A Fight since I heard of its development last year. Although NFG’s last album Coming Home was a slight departure from their fast paced pop-punk style, they are a band that I have come to know what to expect when they release new material.

Not Without A Fight finds NFG picking up the pace again and creating an album that reminds me a lot of Sticks and Stones, their 2002 release. As I mentioned before, their formulas hasn’t changed very much with this released with this release. The album is full of catchy pop-punk tunes with hardcore roots that mainly deal with the subject matter of relationship issues. There is no doubt that that these songs will inevitably end up getting stuck in your head. After listening to the album I found myself humming a lot of the melodies from the album throughout the day.

All in all, this is a pretty solid release from the seasoned veterans of pop-punk. This release proves that NFG isn’t going away anytime soon and definitely not going without a fight.


Found Glory- Listen To Your Friends
Not Without A Fight (iTunes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to watch the video! http://www.mtv.com/videos/new-found-glory/349132/listen-to-your-friends.jhtml#artist=1011154