Saturday, December 13, 2008

Album of the Year


Since its getting close to the end of the year I thought I would declare my choice for the album of the year. I want to make it clear that the choice I made is primarily based on how much I personally enjoyed the album and not necessarily for technical qualities.

I chose GNV FLA by Less than Jake as my favorite album of 2008. This may or may not come as a surprise to regular readers of this site, if there even are any, but I thought that this album didn't get the recognition it deserves. I thought that Less Than Jake came back to the ska/punk scene in full force this year with the release of this record. The album came out back in June and it continues to be on my regular music rotation. You can see my detailed thoughts on the album here.


Less Than Jake- Does The Lion City Still Roar
From the album "GNV FLA" (Amazon.com/iTunes)

Some honorable mentions(in no particular order)include:
1.The 59' Sound- The Gaslight Anthem
2.The Feel Good Record of the Year- No Use For a Name
3.Appeal to Reason- Rise Against
4.Darker Days- Time Again
5.Build and Burn- The Loved Ones
6.Come All You Madmen- The Briggs
7.I Think My Older Brother Used to listen to Lagwagon- Lagwagon
(I know it was an EP but I couldn't help putting it on here.)

1 comment:

Skawaii said...

Hey man, I read you blog. +)

Thanks for the post. I must be living under a rock lately, because I hadn't even noticed that LTJ release a new album. I listened to the clip you have up. Absolutely love it! Now that's LTJ that I grew up with. Sounds very similar to Pezcore and Losing Streak. Needless to say, I'll be getting GNV FLA as well.