Thursday, July 31, 2008

16 Years and Still Running


16 years ago this month MxPx played their first show in Bremerton Washington and a as far as I'm concerned, a punk legacy was born. They have been one of the hardest working bands out there, producing 9 full length Cd's and over 17 total releases. I first became a fan in junior high school when I heard their album "Life In General" and I have been listening to them ever since. MxPx has been one of those bands that never really received the recognition that they deserve while countless bands that they've influenced have gone on to fame and fortune. Secret Weapon, their latest album, is amazing and goes to show that the band still has plenty of life left in them. They are planning on releasing "On The Cover 2" by the end of the year and a full length in 2009. If you haven't gotten Secret Weapon yet, make sure you go and give it a listen, it one of my favorite records that they have produced. By the way, I'm planning on going to the MxPx/Lagwagon show in Salt Lake City on September 26th, let me know if you are interested!


MxPx- Secret Weapon
From the album "Secret Weapon" (Amazon.com)

1 comment:

Logg said...

I think anyone who went to high school has a place in their heart for MxPx.