Thursday, August 7, 2008

No Use For A Name


Lately I have been listening to a lot of "No Use For A Name." I have been a long time fan and their latest album, The Feel Good Album of the Year, really impresses me with the quality of music that this band continues to produce. NUFAN is a band that has been in the punk scene since 1987 and they have proven themselves to be one of the best in the business. I bought their new record when it came out in April of this year with great anticipation and I was not disappointed in the least bit. While this is a good album, I don't think it is quite surpasses my personal favorites of Leche Con Carne and More Betterness, classic albums in my opinion. Just about every song on The Feel Good Record of the Year is worth listening to and it starts off with one of the bests NUFAN songs ever recorded, "The Biggest Lie". Most of the songs are fast tempo and there are occasional slow songs mixed in as expected as the band gets older. Other than the opening track, the other notable songs are "Under the Garden," "The Trumpet Player" and "The Night of the Living Living". The album flows very well and there is not a lot of filler to be found. I would recommend buying this CD if your are a fan of good melodic punk music, Its a solid album that will not let you down.


No Use For A Name- The Biggest Lie
From the album "The Feel Good Record Of The Year" (Amazon.com)


No Use For A Name- I Want To Be Wrong
From the album "The Feel Good Record Of The Year" (Amazon.com)

No comments: