Friday, September 12, 2008

Nikola Sarcevic


A while ago I had mentioned that some of the frontmen from my favorite bands were starting to do their own solo projects on the side. You may recognize Nikola Sarcevic as the lead singer of the long time punk band Millencolin, but since about the last four years he has been writing and producing folk songs. He has released two full length albums, the first being "Lock-Sport-Krock" which was released in 2004 and "Roll Roll and Flee" which was released in 2007. It's quite the change in pace and music style from what Nikola is usually known for but he actually produces some really enjoyable songs. Nikola is quite the musician, as he was the one who played and recorded all the instruments on both records including the guitar, percussion, piano and harmonica. The lyrics are surprisingly really well written and its a given that most of them are about girls and relationship troubles. I own both albums and while I like them both, I definitely prefer "Roll Roll and Flee" over the later. I think that "Roll Roll and Flee" is also more accessible to newer listeners so I would recommend listening to that album first. Songs from both records can be heard on his Myspace page so take the time to listen and let me know what you think. Its good music to relax to and sometimes its nice to slow it down a bit from what I normally listen to. Right now Nikola said that he is putting all of his focus and attention on Millencilin at the moment but I cant wait to hear the other material this guy will put out in the future. Both albums can be purchased off of Amazon.com.


Nikola Sarcevic- Love Trap (MP3)
From the album "Lock-Sport-Krock" (Amazon.com)

No comments: